Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using USRP to transmit and receive samples

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using USRP to transmit and receive samples
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 09:52:40 +0200

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 06:00:48PM -0500, JPL wrote:
> Question:
>
> (1) should I just replace the "Vector Source block" into "File Source" in
> tx_ofdm.grc?

This won't work, the input expects a tagged stream (see the
corresponding manual page). You will need to split the file into
packets, and tag them with their length. Currently there's no automatic
way to do that.

> (2) the rx_ofdm.grc, again, am I right just replace "tag debug" with "file
> sink"?

This on the other hand should work, providing your receiver is actually
working.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)