Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ATSC decoder example in GR 3.7.1

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ATSC decoder example in GR 3.7.1
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 16:43:24 -0400

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 10:01 PM, Ethan Trewhitt
<address@hidden> wrote:
> As a part of my quest to understand some of the examples in GR (and
> eventually contribute some well-commented GRC examples of my own),
> I've been messing around with the atsc_rx.py script. Unfortunately,
> since I have a USRP2, I can't sample at 6.4Msps like the script wants.
> Instead, I tried sampling a strong local TV station at 10Msps and
> resampling at 6.4Msps, but the result is a ton of errors in the
> script's output and a large TS file that I can't make sense of.

Hi Ethan,

I just wanted to point out that we've been working with Andrew Davis
on fixing up ATSC to a) work better and b) work with 3.7. He's made a
good start on things here:

https://github.com/glneo/gnuradio/tree/atscfixup

There's still work to be done, and Johnathan and I have been talking
about how to best get this into GNU Radio. If you're pursuing this
project, definitely look here and maybe talk directly with Andrew.
He's apparently gotten pretty busy with school work this semester, so
having another person working on this might be really good to finish
it up.

Thanks,
Tom