Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Missing File?

From: Paul B. Huter
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Missing File?
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 18:29:31 -0500

Turns out this error doesn't mean anything, my script executes just fine.

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 6:11 PM, Paul B. Huter <address@hidden> wrote:
Tom:

Thank you for the reply. This is my first GNU Radio application, and typing 'make test' at the Windows command line does nothing. I followed the Ettus installation instructions for installing GNU Radio and UHD, and I cannot find anything anywhere about "make" with Windows. I found some other instances of people having issues like mine, but they seem to have been related to wxPython prior to GNU Radio 3.7 (which is what I have).

Anyone have any other ideas as to how to remedy this situation, including running some other application to get things set up?

Thank you.

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 8:19 PM, Paul B. Huter <address@hidden> wrote:
> Running my script, I get an error (repeated twice):
>
> ~\AppData\Roaming\.gnuradio\prefs\vmcircbuf_default_factory: Invalid
> argument
>
> I looked, and there is no 'vmcircbuf_default_factory' in the \prefs folder
> (there isn't anything in there). The Internet (GNURadio website and GNURado
> mailing list archives in addition to general Internet searches) provides
> plenty of examples of 'vmcircbuf_sysv_shm, where the user is told to update
> the 'vmcircbuf_default_factory' file, but nothing relating directly to my
> problem.
>
> Is this a file that should have been created when I installed GNURadio and
> its dependencies? Can I just create the file, and, if so, what does the
> structure/format look like? Or, can someone point me to either a sample
> file, or the file location somewhere else?
>
> Thank you.

This file is created the first time you try to run GNU Radio, so not
during build or even install. It /will/ get created when you run 'make
test' or any other GNU Radio application.

Is this on Windows? I'm honestly not sure what the right factory
function is for Windows, but my guess is this file should contain:

gr::vmcircbuf_createfilemapping_factory

Note that that's just one line, no carriage return or anything else.

Tom