[Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM GRC Examples

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM GRC Examples
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 17:39:19 +0100

Hi all,

I just updated the examples in gr-digital/examples/ofdm using the
feedback I got the last couple of weeks. They're in the current master,
so if you want to check them out you probably need to git pull first.

Some notes on the examples:

- ofdm_loopback.grc is probably where you want to start playing around.
  This gives you a configurable hier block for both transmitter and
  receiver. It uses a channel model block to simulate the channel, and
  you can play around with the SNR, frequency offset, channel
  coefficients to figure out how far you can take the transceiver chain
  before it can't cope.
- rx_ofdm.grc and tx_ofdm.grc demonstrate the inner workings of the hier
  blocks. I've made them loopback examples too, now, so they immediately
  run stand-alone and you can see what's happening at all places in the
  flow graph without having to feed them file data etc.
  You can use these to connect tag debugs, scope sinks, FFT sinks,
  constellation sinks etc. at any place in the flow graph and thus find
  out how the OFDM blocks actually work.
  If you want to implement new equalizers, working off of rx_ofdm.grc is
  probably a good idea, because you can change the value of
  payload_equalizer to whatever you like.

NOTE: If you want to change the *modulation type* of the payload (e.g.
from QPSK to 8-PSK) you have to change it both in the transmitter
*and* receiver, in any of these examples.

Have fun,
MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)