Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DEBUG Logger not logging from within block

From: Tommy Tracy
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DEBUG Logger not logging from within block
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 14:40:00 -0500

*False alarm. This is not a problem.
I had accidentally installed to a different directory than I was importing from.

Tom

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 11:23 PM, Tommy Tracy <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear GNU Radio,

If I have a:
 GR_LOG_DEBUG(d_debug_logger, <some interesting string>);

in my c++ application, the program will write my string to std out in the following format:
       DEBUG: <some interesting string>
when executed, or if I step through with GDB.
If, however, I have the following line in a GR Block private constructor:
       GR_LOG_DEBUG(d_debug_logger, <some interesting string>);

Nothing is printed to std out when running or using GDB. Is GNU Radio catching these log outputs, or is there another method for me to get information from within a block constructor/work() method?

--
    Sincerely,
Tommy Tracy II

--