Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Time Granularity of USRP N2XX

From: Ben Hilburn
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Time Granularity of USRP N2XX
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 08:25:34 -0800

Hi Harry -

Actually, the name `tick_rate` is somewhat confusing. The tick_rate refers to the clock rate that the DSP chain runs at. Here is a bit of code regarding the tick_rate from the USRP2 / N-Series implementation that might make things a little more clear:

        _tree->create<double>(mb_path / "tick_rate")
            .publish(boost::bind(&usrp2_clock_ctrl::get_master_clock_rate, _mbc[mb].clock))
            .subscribe(boost::bind(&usrp2_impl::update_tick_rate, this, _1));

Marcus explained things correctly in his e-mail. So, on an N-Series device, the time step between samples is 1/100e6 = 10 ns.

Cheers,
Ben