Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Status of GNU Radio with OSX 10.9

From: Arturo Rinaldi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Status of GNU Radio with OSX 10.9
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 02:52:43 +0100

Nella citazione in data Tue Dec 3 02:44:13 2013, Michael Dickens ha scritto:
Hi Arturo - Yes, I think you've nailed it. - MLD

On Dec 2, 2013, at 8:33 PM, Arturo Rinaldi <address@hidden> wrote:
ok let's sum up and see if i have understood what is coded in the Portfile.
Let's examine it case by case :

10.7

LEGACY (3.6.5.1 and lower) and

cat of :

patch-path-order.diff
patch-volk_lib_CMakeLists.txt.legacy.diff
patch-volk_gen_archs.xml.legacy.diff

then apply resulting patch, then build as usual

PS : I have always built from source any latest tarball of gnuradio legacy
successfully, so I don't think I'll ever apply this modifications

NEW releases (3.7 and above)

nothing to patch or to modify

10.8

LEGACY (3.6.5.1 and lower) and

cat of :

patch-path-order.diff
patch-volk_lib_CMakeLists.txt.legacy.diff
patch-volk_gen_archs.xml.legacy.diff

then apply resulting patch, then build as usual

NEW releases (3.7 and above)

nothing to patch or to modify (at least applying the swig/std "trick" but it
seems working without it as well)

10.9

first of all I have to perform the copy of the directory  std of SWIG in my
source directory according to :

LEGACY (3.6.5.1 and lower)

cp -r /opt/local/share/swig/*/std to <mygrsource>/gnuradio-core/src/lib/swig

cat of :

patch-path-order.diff
patch-volk_lib_CMakeLists.txt.legacy.diff
patch-volk_gen_archs.xml.legacy.diff
patch-gnuradio-core_swig_std_std_container.i.diff
patch-gnuradio-core_swig_include-std_string.i.diff

then apply resulting patch, then build as usual

NEW releases (3.7 and above)

cp -r /opt/local/share/swig/*/std to <mygrsource>/gnuradio-runtime/src/lib/swig

cat of :

patch-gnuradio-runtime_swig_std_std_container.i.diff
patch-gnuradio-runtime_swig_include-std_string.i.diff

then apply resulting patch, then build as usual

Have I nailed it or not yet ? Let me know.

Thank you very much again for your support. You're a priceless asset to me and the whole gnuradio mailing list of course. Keep doing this great work.

            Regards, Arturo