Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] sps in receiver

From: Nemanja Savic
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] sps in receiver
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 12:49:13 +0100

Ok, i should put more info. I have USRP and WBX., and I designed receiver for operating withing 434 MHz.
Since I am more hardware oriented electrical engineer, I didn't know how to make it in "correct" way, and there are a few blocks there
that are based on simulating hardware that I know how functionate. So, I use sampling frequency of 500k, and after demodulator, I have a block that works literally as diode min max circuit and is usually implemented in some receivers. That block, extracts threshold (which is half way between min and max). After that, the same input is compared to threshold signal in order to derive signal that has only zero level and one level (so digital signal). Derived "digital" signal is sent to something that I call clock syncronizer, and there I search for the edges in order to allign my sampling period, and I do sampling in order to get symbol values.
So my question is what would be the correct way to design this, because I think that my approach is definately not correct one and in my opinion too robust.