[Discuss-gnuradio] Message port connections in gr-blocks/examples/msg_pa

From: Nowlan, Sean
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Message port connections in gr-blocks/examples/msg_passing
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 21:02:54 +0000

I’m trying to learn the message passing API by reviewing the examples in gr-blocks/examples/msg_passing. Message ports are not connected upon opening GRC (this seems to be a gnuradio-wide problem – same thing happens with gr-ieee802-11). I know the workaround is to open each hier block and build so that code gets put in ~/.grc_gnuradio. However, I’m not sure how to hook up the ports as they were intended. Does anybody have screen captures of strobe.grc, test_msg_hier.grc, and test_msg_hier_topblock.grc with the ports connected correctly?

Thanks,
Sean