Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Arbitrary resampler question on gnuradio 3.7.2.1

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Arbitrary resampler question on gnuradio 3.7.2.1
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 17:54:43 -0500

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 9:06 PM, George <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Considering a simple gnuradio flowgraph as the following
>
> Random source -> chunks2symbols -> complex2float -> float2complex ->
> pfb_arb_resampler-> USRP sink
>
> which used to work without any problem in the older gnuradio distributions,
> in the newer 3.7.2.1 seems that the conversion above (from complex to float
> and float to complex) introduces a problem, that has to do with USRP
> transmissions.
>
> However, when I increased the number of taps used for the root raised cosine
> filter in pfb_arb_resampler by a factor of 100, everything seems to work
> properly.
>
> Note that if the conversions float2complex and complex2float miss everything
> works.
>
> Any ideas why?
>
> Thanks,
> -George

Bug it the pfb_arb_resampler. I was trying to be too conscientious
about calls to work but made an assumption in the forecast function
that's not always correct. I'm testing a few things out, still, but I
should push this fix soon.

Still, your behavior of the filter length (increasing it by 100, that
is) doesn't fit with what I'm seeing. What's the full filter
definition you're using for the block?

Tom