Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Successful installation of GNURadio 3.6.4.1 on Wi

From: Bhaskar11
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Successful installation of GNURadio 3.6.4.1 on Window XP and Windows 8
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 14:19:09 +0530

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the suggestion! I have updated the wiki by adding a link to the email thread. :)

But I wonder if it it appropriate to include the instructions directly in the wiki? I will be happy to do it and update it as and when I have anything to add. I just need to know if there is are guidelines for this sort of thing, or whether I can ask someone who oversees the overall wiki content.

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 10:10 PM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 9:19 AM, Bhaskar11 <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> 1. Thanks for adding the link in the WindowsInstall wiki.
>
> I note that the link has been added in the section on "Building on Windows
> with Native Tools" where it is surely relevant for the dependencies that I
> discovered.
>
> But my instructions are intended for installing with pre-built binaries, and
> are mainly aimed at users who are *not* able to build natively, and so would
> never look under that section.
>
> For such users it will be very useful if you can add a link in the
> "Pre-built Binaries" section right where the link to the Ettus Research site
> is made. It can be added as an update or a caveat to the Ettus instructions
> link.
>
> 2. As an addendum to my main post, I have found that only one UHD driver
> works correctly with GRC 3.6.4.1. under Windows XP and Windows 8. And that
> is version 3.5.0 (file name "uhd_003.005.000-release_Win32") available from
> here.
>
> I will share a more detailed update on the UHD driver compatibility and
> error messages in a separate post. But I have included this info here for
> completeness of this thread.

Bhaskar,

Once again, thanks for your help. With the gnuradio.org wiki, you
know, anyone can get an account and edit the wiki, so with someone
like you who's actually been through this process, it'd be great if
you could make these changes yourself to help keep us all honest and
up to date!

Thanks!

Tom