Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem running GNU Radio 3.6.5 under Centos on X

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem running GNU Radio 3.6.5 under Centos on X2Go Client
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 16:52:35 +0100

Hi Naceur,

the display error looks like the result of the X Window display
environment variable not being set. Assuming that you run your
gnuradio-companion command from a terminal started from within your X
Session, this is strange.If
  echo $DISPLAY
does not give something like :0, try
  export DISPLAY=:0
  gnuradio-companion

Of course, if you try to run a graphical program such as
gnuradio-companion on a terminal-only session (eg. ssh connection to a
server),
you won't have any success. What you can do is set up a trusted X
tunnel, by running ssh with -X -Y flags.
Note, however, that there is little sense in running the companion on
a server. What you'd usually do is run gnuradio-companion on your
local workstation, build non-graphical flowgraphs, and run these on
the server.

Hope that was kind of insightful,

Marcus