Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: Questions on rx_ofdm example in GR 3.7.1

From: Aditya Dhananjay
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: Questions on rx_ofdm example in GR 3.7.1
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 15:26:34 -0500

I've opened http://gnuradio.org/redmine/issues/611 and will try and
figure this out.

Hello Martin,

I am still facing a problem here. (I have pulled the newest sources from GIT). First, let me describe the environment. I have connected the transmitter side to a channel model that introduces frequency and timing offsets (so that I have control over how dirty the channel is). From this channel model block, I feed it into the receiver blocks. I am not using any USRP or real hardware as of now.

Issue A: I notice that when the header CRC check fails, the entire receive path soon freezes up.

Issue B: Additionally, I notice that sometimes the header gets so corrupted that the CRC check passes (I suppose these false positives cannot be helped, unless we have a longer CRC for the header, but that's probably a waste).

Issue A is the main problem for me. :)

Thank you!

Best regards,
Aditya