Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] more pybombs

From: Tim
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] more pybombs
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 12:06:35 -0500

Generally $gituser is not used for anything
you can if you want put a repository address like ssh://address@hidden:gr-foo.git in a recipe
I guess it is just intended to provide a standard easy way of doing this -
we could probably remove it if it really upsets people, but it seems fairly harmless as is
our list of configuration variables is getting longer and longer, I'm not sure what the right balance is between prompting the user for all of them, and trying to hide ones that a user may not understand or care about -
perhaps simply a more verbose explanation of it would help

-Tim