Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some problems with library path when running test

From: Volker Schroer
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some problems with library path when running test and proposed fix
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 08:08:41 +0100

Hi Michael,

just for clarification:

My CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX points to a non existing directory at build and test time. The libraries used depend on the LD_LIBRARY_PATH settings that point to an existing installation.

In my case, I can avoid the problems by unsetting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. It seems that in such a case the libs in the build directory are found. But I suppose that this could not be a general solution as in some cases other important libraries like boost may be found be means of the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

I agree that my patch is not a general solution for this problem, but only a starting point. A general solution could be to prepend the required test libraries to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH as I did it in my patch for the volk lib.

-- Volker