Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with receiving signal from satellite Thur

From: Cheng Chi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with receiving signal from satellite Thuraya-3
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 10:24:40 +0800

Hi,

I think it's TDMA/FDMA, not spread spectrum. Each channel is about 30KHz.

Best regards,
Cheng Chi

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 10:17 AM, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:
On 01/28/2014 09:14 PM, Cheng Chi wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to collect signal from Thuraya-3. Here is the setup I used:
- USRP N210 + WBX
- LNA with 30dB gain (ZHL-1217MLN)
- Iridium Antenna (I don't have specific antenna for Thuraya right now. Since Iridium and Thuraya frequency bands are quite close, I suppose it would work more or less)

Center frequency: 1530MHz
Sampling rate: 10MHz

From the spectrum (attached), I can see the Inmarsat signal, but no sign of Thuraya signal. Anyone has suggestion about how to receive the thuraya signal?

Best regards,