Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Jack in GNURadio? (Source)

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Jack in GNURadio? (Source)
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 10:02:18 +0000

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 4:50 PM, Jordan Johnson <address@hidden> wrote:
> So here's an interesting one. I need to pipe some samples from a JACK
> application to my graph. Using ALSA won't work (even with pcm.jack), and I
> cannot install Pulseaudio in Arch for whatever reason. That was the previous
> solution, but now it must be JACK.
>
> Googling brings up old threads and not much useful imformation other than
> "Too bad, so sad".  Anyone get JACK working, or know how to get it working?
>
> Thanks.

Jordan,

We actually got a patch recently that was merged within the past few
weeks that updates the jack interface for gr-audio. I've used it on my
development box at home with good success. To use it, the easiest way
is to just edit (or make) the file ~/.gnuradio/config.conf and add the
lines:

[audio]
audio_module = jack

Let me know if this works for you.