Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Idea of a USRP UHD block that fills gaps in trans

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Idea of a USRP UHD block that fills gaps in transmission from USRP
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 08:19:20 -0800

Piotr,

One problem is that if you cannot keep up, adding in all-zeros data will just make it harder to keep up.  In general, modern PCs should be able to keep up with 25 MS/s without problem unless you are doing a lot of processing.  We are actually able to keep up with 300 MS/s on the X300.  So the question is more about why the app can't keep up.

An alternative might be to stream to a file.  That should keep up without dropping as long as you have a fast drive.  Then you can process samples from that file at the pace your app can keep up with.

Matt