Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-dsd?

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-dsd?
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 11:15:27 +0100

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Did one of you out there have any success with gr-dsd, with the dsd grc block? Maybe some examples are available that one is willing to share?

I am using the bladeRF, get no errors, but also most time noe audio output, and it looks to me there are not very much values to play with :)

D-Star seems to work somehow, my callsign is decoded, and some strongly distorted audio. No DMR (repeater with strong signal), no P25 (directly from my handheld).

What parameters for the NBFM RX block are recommended?

Not recommended at all. The block was made for voice and has a narrow audio filter at the output. It will cut off too much of the data signal. Use a plain FM demodulator without any filters.

Alex