Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSoC2014 Turbo Equalizer

From: Achilleas Anastasopoulos
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSoC2014 Turbo Equalizer
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 11:03:03 -0500

Yes, I agree with Tom.
A good starting point is the three or four core algorithms in
gr-trellis/lib/core_algorithms.cc

viterbi_algorithm,
siso_algorithm,
sccc_decoder
pccc_decoder
(and their "_combined" versions)

Jan, let me know if you decide to work on these; I can provide
some ideas if you are interested.

best,
Achilleas

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 10:47 AM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 10:39 AM, Achilleas Anastasopoulos
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Just FYI, the gr-trellis has implementations of all these components you
> suggested.
>
> One interesting project is to take the core algorithms of gr-trellis
> (Viterbi and SISO) and make them threaded for multi-core
> (eg, by parallelizing forward/backward recursions, or by parallelizing using
> overlapping subblocks, etc)
>
> best
> Achilleas

Also using VOLK inside gr-trellis blocks should provide significant
speedup there.

Tom