Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Proposal for GSoC on gr-gsm

From: Bogdan Diaconescu
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Proposal for GSoC on gr-gsm
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 00:34:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Zhenhua,

gr-gsm should be a good project for you and for the community. I wish you success.

You may want to look at the slow frequency hopping implementation of airprobe that is placed here: https://github.com/BogdanDIA/airprobe-hopping.
It uses PFB to split a 20mhz band received with USRP-N210 into GSM channels and then use all of them according to the hopping algorithm decoded on the Immediate Assignment message and SI 1. It is not a perfect implementation as airprobe is not perfect too, that is why I think this will be a good project.
The hopping patch has been done two years ago and has API for gnuradio3.6 era. I did not update it yet on 3.7. Here is small paper I wrote at the moment of creating a patch. It may be of help to you.

http://yo3iiu.ro/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Evaluating_GSM_hopping_V1.1.pdf

Bogdan