Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSoC 2014: Wireless Network in the loop

From: Asma Afzal
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSoC 2014: Wireless Network in the loop
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 16:53:33 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Nico,

Thank-you for getting back to me. I understand the needs of the community
for a GUI for existing functionality.

I am still interested in working on this angle of the project.

I took a look at Omnet++ and it is quite impressive. Its built on the
eclipse framework. And is also open source. An alternative possibility could
be adding to the graphical side of the existing Gnu Radio Companion (GRC).

"One aspect (and also a new feature) should be the visualization of the
network structure/layout and node distribution itself where one also should
be able to randomly deploy nodes and thus create a network structure."
Please correct me if I am wrong. The required functionality is a gui like
Omnet++.
But with gr-winelo blocks representing nodes and channels. The user can
add/delete nodes. And select which channel blocks to put between them.

I would like to work on this project. However, for my proposal, I need to be
a bit more specific regarding the project requirements so I can study and
formulate my timeline/deliverables accordingly.

Could you please share any relevant resource on gr-winelo with me? apart
from the FOSDEM talk.

And also elaborate more on the requirements of the gui.
e.g. the underlying framework for gui? eclipse? gtk/qt? etc..

Kind Regards
Asma Afzal

/On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 5:33 PM, Otterbach, Nico