Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ASK demodulation help

From: John Malsbury
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ASK demodulation help
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 14:27:58 -0700

I don't know if I would call it overkill.  It is just one of several methods you can use to achieve synchronization.  Other options for synchronization include correlate and sync (probably needs modification), or possible the polyphase resync.  Others on the list would have more expertise on these blocks.

In my experience 10 samples per symbol seems to work well with M&M.  I've heard very high samp/sym (ie. >20) can cause problems, but I haven't seen this myself.

The amplitude going into M&M should be as close as possible to +/- 1.0, which is why you want the scaling functions before this block.  The AGC block assures you're working with something constant amplitude for demodulation.

-John