Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Phase errors and expected behavior of in-flight s

From: Kevin Reid
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Phase errors and expected behavior of in-flight samples when a flowgraph is reconfigured
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 17:42:57 -0700

On Apr 21, 2014, at 10:43, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:

> Seems like you could disconnect the entire flowgraph and reconnect to make
> sure all data is getting flushed and you should maintain sync that way. It
> might sound like a big hammer, but it'd be good to know if that works.

From my non-systematic observations so far, you're probably right that this
would restore sync. However, doing so would require a nontrivial modification
to many hier blocks in my application (of which there are a lot), wouldn't
actually fix the underlying problem, and would be undesirable because it would
mean things that (logically) are unaffected by the UI action would drop data.

My current plan is to produce a reduced test case and bug report (assuming this
does in fact turn out to be a gnuradio bug), perhaps with some spot
reconnect-based kludges in the mean time.

Thank you for confirming my understanding of the expected behavior.

--
Kevin Reid                                  <http://switchb.org/kpreid/>