Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] X300 PCIe issues

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] X300 PCIe issues
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 14:45:35 -0400

Backing off to Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS was successful in getting the PCIe Express interface to build, dkms the kernel module, start and uhd_find_device sees the USRP x300.

Now for the fun part.... using it.

Finally:

To all those entertaining PCIe interfacing,  do not install a later version of kernel or distro than is KNOWN to support the interface.  PCIe is most decidely NOT USB or GigE.  Ettus would not be using a proprietary interface from NI with known working support for various kernels if it were not necessary.  Having done multiple projects at work with PCIe,  you use it when it is necessary and NEVER when it isn't.  My application for the x3x0 series requires it.  I find all the pieces of the needed documentation to make it all work NOT in one place.  I will give a short summary today after I get my first app going using the device.

Thanks,
Bob