Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] X300 PCIe issues

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] X300 PCIe issues
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 07:25:46 -0400

It needed to be said,  but my only goal is to

ACCEPT AND LOVE 10GigE until and unless you demand the low latency afforded by the PCIe interface.  The things I am working on demand that we meet the tight timing requirements of open specification waveforms.  PCIe was required.  The x3x0 series are major accomplishments for Ettus and should they just get past the major changes that 14.04 LTS and then BE EXPLICIT about which kernels they will support, etc. They should be good until the next LTS comes out.

Bob