Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Message Passing

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Message Passing
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 10:25:08 -0400

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 7:06 AM, Activecat <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 6:49 PM, Koslowski, Sebastian (CEL) <address@hidden> wrote:
On 05/14/2014 12:29 PM, Activecat wrote:
> I have then tested few combinations, it seems that a source block cannot
> have a message sink port.
> Is there such a restriction ..?

Not that I know of...

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='ASCII'?>
<block>
  <name>Test</name>
  <key>message_sink_complex_source_test</key>
  <category>Custom</category>
  <make>None</make>
  <sink>
    <name>in</name>
    <type>message</type>
    <optional>True</optional>
  </sink>
  <source>
    <name>out</name>
    <type>complex</type>
  </source>
</block>

It seems that the "sink" definition must be placed on top of "source" ..

Problem solved, thank everyone !

Yes, this is the strictness of the XML DTD. Glad you got it working.

Tom