Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] B200 clock calibration

From: Marcus Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] B200 clock calibration
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 15:23:00 +0000 (UTC)

The only way to really make this work "properly" is to go closed-loop.  At that point, you might as well use an external reference.  I've pointed out before
  that 10MHz OCXOs are available cheaply, and generally achieve 100PPB *at worst*, even the "scrap pulls" that are cheaply available on eBay usually
  acheive better than 50PPB.  $20.00 and a bit of soldering, and you have a pretty-darned good reference that you can even share among multiple units,
  with a bit of skill.

This is perhaps better than voiding warantees on expensive hardware....