Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] low frequency in GRC

From: Marcus Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] low frequency in GRC
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 18:01:28 +0000 (UTC)

Gnu Radio is a streaming architecture. Sample-rate is actually almost-entirely meaningless within the flowgraph, and only really
  has meaning "at the edges" when interfacing to the real world.  The only exception is the throttle block, and even it doesn't
  produce *precise* sample-rates.

For things like FFT blocks, the sample-rate is just used to calculate internal decimation functions to deliver the requested display update rate.

The other main issue is that Gnu Radio buffers qutie a bit.  So if your samples are dribbling into the flow-graph at very low rates, it takes a while for
  the buffers to fill to the point where downstream blocks get "woken up" by the scheduler to process the buffered samples.