Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installation issues with gnuradio on Ubuntu 12.04

From: Ron Economos
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installation issues with gnuradio on Ubuntu 12.04
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 03:49:56 -0700

On 5/23/2014 11:37 PM, Activecat wrote:

On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 2:15 PM, Ron Economos <address@hidden> wrote:
Custom install locations do require some additional environment
setup. Sylvain gave me a nice shell script for that.

BASE=/opt/gnuradio
export PATH=${PATH}:${BASE}/bin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:${BASE}/lib64
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=${PKG_CONFIG_PATH}:${BASE}/lib64/pkgconfig
export PYTHONPATH=${PYTHONPATH}:${BASE}/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/

Just change the first line to the directory of  your custom install.
Setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH will resolve finding packages
in OOT builds. Remember to use the same custom install prefix
in the cmake of your OOT builds.

Ron

With above environment variables, do we still need to define the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX ?

Yes, every time you build something, you need to use
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX with cmake.

BTW, if you're going to use custom install directories,
you should uninstall any old version of GnuRadio in
/usr/local or /usr/. If there are remnants of GnuRadio
left in /usr/local or /usr, you'll most likely have problems.

Ron