Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Maximum supported frequency

From: mohamedx
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Maximum supported frequency
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 12:34:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Martin,

I'm not sure that (what I've understood) was the opposite of what Martin said, but anyway, I really appreciate your answer.
Could you please tell me where I can find more about this question ? and where I can find the source code related to that "sample" unit ? so I can see closely how the things were done.

Regards,
Mohamed

On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 12:44 PM, Marcus Müller-3 [via GnuRadio] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mohamed,

> I was sure that is just related to what my machine can process
that's the opposite of what Martin said.
GNU Radio does not care the slightest about how high your sampling rate
is. Some blocks need this information to calculate relative frequence
(ie. frequencies related to the unit "sample"), but there is absolutely
no restriction that links your theoretical sampling rate to your
processing speed. If you start using hardware, then, of course, you'll
have to make sure that a) your sampling rate matches your application
and your hardware and b) your computer is able to process the samples
fast enough to keep everything running in real time.

Greetings,
Marcus

http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/Maximum-supported-frequency-tp48398p48473.html
To unsubscribe from Maximum supported frequency, click here.
NAML

--
Graduate Student at Supélec, MSc, Advanced Wireless Communication Systems,
Élève ingénieur à l'INPT en mobilité internationale.