Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Idea for gr-modtool

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Idea for gr-modtool
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 15:02:19 +0200

Hi Michael,

> So, my proposal is to modify gr-modtool to hard-wire these variables as found
> for the main GR install.  And, any other variables that make sense to add in
> -- basically: why re-find the wheel?  I think the Python ones are the only
> critical ones (for proper execution), but there are likely a few for document
> building that could also be added.  Thoughts? - MLD

Bad idea IMHO.

The goal of gr-modtool is to create modules that will be usable easily
by other GR users. If you start hardcoding stuff, then it will be
non-buildable by anyone except the exact person who created the
modules.

If custom options are needed, a better approach would be to have an
'option file' or cmake wrapper that would be created by macport (and
pybombs) that would automatically add the required options. something
like :

gr-cmake ..  instead of cmake alone.

Cheers,

   Sylvain