Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to log in usrpe 110 to get access to gnura

From: Nick Foster
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to log in usrpe 110 to get access to gnuradio on screen?
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 08:46:16 -0700

Wafa,

Try using a USB hub for the mouse instead of plugging it directly into the E100. E100 is picky about USB and doesn't support USB1.1 devices directly connected to the ports. This is a Linux HCI driver issue related to OTG support in the Overo.

It's mentioned in the E100 FAQ: http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/usrpe1xx/wiki/FAQ#What-kind-of-USB-devices-can-I-connect-to-the-my-E1x0-series

--n

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 6:43 AM, West, Nathan <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 8:03 AM, Wafa Elhajhmida
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Please any suggestion is appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wafa HAJ HMIDA

>> Hi,
>>
>> I made a reboot of the usrp e110. I got on the screen a button login.
>>
>> But I'm unable to login with a mouse. In fact, the mouse doesn't work on
>> usrp. But the mouse works well on my laptop.
>>
>> In fact, I even connected the mouse directly to a usrp e100 with a cable
>> which is provided by Ettus(on host port).
>>
>> According to you what can be the problem ?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Wafa HAJ HMIDA

First of all, your method of asking questions is ineffective. For a
guide on how to get better help read this:
http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html . I would especially
like to point you to "Choose your forum carefully" where this
particular email violates at least 3 (and possibly 4 based on
perspective) of the first 4 bullet points. There's no need for this to
be cross-listed to 3 mailing lists, a corporate support account, and 2
individuals. Also, this e-mail has nothing to do with GNU Radio.

Second, I have no idea why your mouse doesn't work. If it used to
work, you did something, and now it doesn't work then whatever you did
probably had a side affect of breaking your mouse.

Finally, based on your previous mailing list posts and irc chats you
seem overwhelmed. My only real comment here is that you probably need
more help/support than anyone can give over a mailing list. Perhaps
you would be better off backing up from your final goal and learning
more about GNU Radio on a standard PC and then try porting your work
to an embedded device. Alternatively maybe you could also take some
time to learn more about embedded systems (there's lots of classes
on-line and every university should have a couple). It might also help
if you hired someone to come in and do some work for you and you could
learn from them on the job.

Nathan