[Discuss-gnuradio] question on 802.15.4 implementation

From: Sahoo, Anirudha
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] question on 802.15.4 implementation
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 16:47:43 +0000

Hi ,

  I am trying to send a simple message between two USRPs using the new message passing interface in GNU Radio 3.7 over 802.15.4 implementation.  I created a “message generator” which publishes a message to the “app in” port of 802.15.4. Similarly on the receiver side a “message consumer” gets the message from the “app out” port of 802.15.4, I see that the message on the receiver is getting dropped at the 15.4 MAC layer with the following debug message:

mac.cc:mac_in: pmt_is_pair

mac.cc::mac_in: data_len = 30

CRC at Reception: 0

MAC: Dropping packet self routed

I poked around mac.cc code a bit. It looks like the message received has the same mac id as the mac id of the receiver. It seems that the MAC layer does not use the *real* MAC id, rather it generates mac id using “rand() % 100”. My understanding is that the receiver is also getting the same mac-id as the sender and hence dropping packet.

Any idea how to fix the problem?

Note that I am not using RIME stack for communication (as done by Bastian), but rather trying to send/receive message from/to MAC layer itself.

thanks and regards

-Anirud

Anirudha "Anirud"  Sahoo

Advanced Network Technology Div.

National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)

100 Bureau Drive,

Gaithersburg, MD - 20878

Room – B230, bldg.- 222

Phone- 301-975-4439