Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] assertion error beyond 4096 output items

From: Karan Talasila
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] assertion error beyond 4096 output items
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 12:42:23 +0530

@Activecat Here is the c++ block code

http://pastebin.com/0y1b9guh

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 12:31 PM, Activecat <address@hidden> wrote:

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 2:41 PM, Karan Talasila <address@hidden> wrote:
So at the input of the C++ we are giving vector_source_c() and then input output signatures are sizeof(gr_complex). The work function is taking noutput_items and returning noutput_items. We understand now that because we have used set_output_multiple(fft_length) in the constructor, the noutput_items is fixed at the fft_length and then work function is being called.

The noutput_items could be fft_length or multiple of fft_length.
Says fft_length is 8192, then noutput_items could be either 8192, 16384 or 24576 etc, determined by the scheduler.
If you only get noutput_items equals to 8192, that could be due to the number of input elements available is less than 16384.

However one small doubt,when we print value of noutput_items in C++ program inside the work function ,the print statement is executed twice for any fft_length we use. Is this correct?  It should only print once the value of noutput_items if i am right.

If the print statement is executed twice, that means the work() function is invoked twice.
It could be something wrong with your code, let's show your code here.