Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help with wx-gui, window size error

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help with wx-gui, window size error
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 11:32:55 +0000

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 1:35 AM, Thilina Mallawa Arachchi <address@hidden> wrote:

Downgraded wxPython to wxpython2.8 however Arch linux uses wxPython as a dependency and GnuRadio continues to use the newer version. Results in some wxgui instruments to fail.

With the two versions of wx installed, can you see how to use them independently yourself from within Python? Right now, we're checking for the Python module 'wx' only. We'd have to see what we need to check for to adjust to use the 2.8 version. I'm worried that this would involve a lot of changes in the gr-wxgui Python files themselves, though, since they are also using "import wx".

It' might actually be easier if someone could help us update GNU Radio to work with the newer versions of wx.

Tom