Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sending/Receiving UDP Data Over Internet

From: mponce
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sending/Receiving UDP Data Over Internet
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 15:46:40 -0700

Thanks for the responses.

We have set the receive IP to '0.0.0.0' in the UDP source and the public IP of our client in the UDP sink (client) and both programs run without complain; but the client receives no data and nothing shows up on the FFT graph.

We can ping the host public IP but we can't ping the client's public IP. This seems to be caused by Ubuntu (the client) being behind a router so we suspect this may be a gateway issue. Is this correct? Ideally we would like to put the host IP instead of the client's IP in Gnuradio. Would perhaps a certain python function allow us to bypass this?

Regarding security, we have checked for things like seLinux and firewalls to be off.

I should mention that for the host side we are using a UHD sample code that sends rx samples through UDP.

Also, thanks for the tip on the throttle we removed it.

Regards,
Matias Ponce
CellAntenna Engineer
CellAntenna Corporation