[Discuss-gnuradio] Doubt in digital modulation chain

From: Manu T S
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Doubt in digital modulation chain
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 01:38:01 +0530

Dear All,

I am constructing the flow graph(screen capture, grc) attached.

I am expecting the data at the output of packed-to-unpacked block to be the same as the data at the output of differential decoder, except for some stray bits in the beginning. When I search for patterns in the transmit chain, in the receive chain, I don't get any match. This it the code(also attached) that I use to compare data in the transmit chain and the receive chain.
======================
import scipy

template_len = 20

temp = scipy.fromfile(open("/tmp/diff-encode-out.bin"),
        dtype=scipy.uint8, count=1000)
template = temp[100:template_len+100]
print len(template)
match = False
rec = scipy.fromfile(open("/tmp/rec-map-out.bin"), dtype=scipy.uint8, count=100000)
for i in range(9950):
    if (template == rec[i:template_len+i]).all():
        print i
        break

The program works for BPSK, but fails to find pattern in QPSK, DQPSK etc.
 Would anyone know what is going wrong in my flow-graph?

Thank you in advance.
--
Manu T S