Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Passing messages to block values?

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Passing messages to block values?
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 10:53:02 -0400

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 8:36 AM, madengr <address@hidden> wrote:
Martin,

After git pull, do I have to remove the build directory and rebuild the
entire code, or can I do a:

sudo make uninstall
cmake ../
make
make test
sudo make install

to just recompile the changed files.  As a general rule, say going from
3.7.3 to 3.7.4, it's unclear to me when I should rebuild everything.

Thanks,

Lou
KD4HSO

Nope, no need to uninstall and clean things like that. Generally, within the same version, you can just rebuild and install. It's between versions that you'd want to uninstall, clean up your build directory, and rebuild. But for a small change like this after updating from git, save yourself a lot of time and just call make:

$ git pull
$ (change to build directory)
$ make -jN  (for N cores on your machine)
$ make test (optional)
$ sudo make install

Then you should be all set. If there were any changes made to cmakefiles, make will know that and rerun cmake for you.

Unfortunately, this time, it won't save you a lot of time since we did some white space cleanup on the tree, so we touched a lot of files...

Tom

Martin Braun-2 wrote