Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why am I dropping data over the UDP network?

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why am I dropping data over the UDP network?
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 02:58:44 +0200

No, building vectors out of streams would (in the best case) change
nothing, as you don't send individual samples but always packets full of
payloads.

Also, if you have a hardware device defining your data rate, you will
never need a throttle, and having one will most likely only introduce
problems, so remove it from your flowgraph. All throttle really does is
trying to achieve a given *average* sample processing rate, and that
interferes with the hardware *constantly* providing a sample rate.

A few numbers in my head: 500ksps = 500 * 32kbps = 16000kbps, not very
much for a gigabit ethernet! So I think it's safe to assume that the
physical network is not to blame here, and usually the CPU load, maybe
introduced by network handling might be to blame, if this doesn't happen
with a null sink.

Greetings,
Marcus