Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 3.7.5git core dumps

From: Tom McDermott
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 3.7.5git core dumps
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 12:10:53 -0700

I went back to build b5006c1 , rebuilt, and gnuradio-companion is running again...

~gnuradio$ git checkout b5006c1

System is Ubuntu 13.10, Ice3.5

-- Tom, N5EG

On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Tom McDermott <address@hidden> wrote:
Built 3.7.5git, and updated UHD to latest. Builds fine. Gnuradio from the command line runs fine.
When trying to run gnuradio-companion it core dumps:

~/gnuradio$ gnuradio-companion
linux; GNU C++ version 4.8.1; Boost_105300; UHD_003.007.001-84-gd99ce4ef

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  rpcmanager: Aggregator not in use, and a rpc booter is already registered

Aborted (core dumped)

Any advice?

-- Tom, N5EG

Well, shoot. I was really hoping that was just me and something weird I had done to my system. I had a similar issue. I just removed my installed version of GR, deleted all my build files, and rebuilt. If it's still causing you issue, you can try turning off ControlPort with -DENABLE_GR_CTRLPORT=False in the cmake command.

I'm not sure what it is because this only happened on one of my machines. Potentially some weird interaction with Ice during the rebuild.

Tom