[Discuss-gnuradio] Squelch and the KSHT sounds ...

From: jim
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Squelch and the KSHT sounds ...
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 16:05:26 -0700

I've deployed a gnuradio application which records a morning maritime radio program in a Caribbean community. The recording can be played back online for people who missed the 'news'.

The application works famously. However, I've got a request for an enhancement that comes up a lot! Everyone is used to hearing the 'ksht' sound after the mike is unkeyed. However, the squelch function I use in GnuRadio 3.7.1 doesn't seem to have a setting which affects how quickly the squelch gate closes (its instantaneous). There is an Alpha and a Ramp function, but they don't seem to affect the result (wouldn't expect Alpha to).

Does anyone have any insight into the code for this block?

Jim