Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] number of taps in pfb filter??

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] number of taps in pfb filter??
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 10:47:14 +0200

On 07/18/2014 06:55 AM, gsmandvoip wrote:
> hello list,
> when I am trying to channelize a baseband with following specs:
> sample rate: 2MHz
> bandwidth for low pass filter: 145kHz
> transition bandwidth: 10 kHz
> number of channels: 10
> pfb decimation: 4
>
> When I see number of channels is 91 taps/channel, but I think its too
> much, please guide me how to reduce taps/channel

In order to reduce taps, you must increase the transition bandwidth. Use
the filter design tool to get a feeling for this.
Note that this is basic signal processing knowledge, if these things are
unclear I recommend you study a DSP textbook. For recommendations, see
the gnuradio.org wiki and the 'suggested reading' section.

Martin