[Discuss-gnuradio] TX-POWER USRP N210 AND WBX DOUGHTERBOARD

From: Simone Ciccia S210664
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] TX-POWER USRP N210 AND WBX DOUGHTERBOARD
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 10:13:26 +0200

Hi at all,

I have problem to understand how an USRP used as a trasmitter works in term
of transmitted power when we fix a tx_gain.

Let me explain better:
- The WBX Daughterboard is a wide bandwidth transceiver that provides up to
100 mW of output power and a noise figure of 5 dB. (extracted from manual)
- UHD USRP SINK block (in gnuradio) allows to set the tx_gain(dB)

Which is the relation between these parameters???
If I want to set a specific transmitted power???

Thanks in advance,

Ing. Simone Ciccia, PhD Student
Antenna and EMC Lab (LACE),
Politecnico di Torino,
C.so Duca degli Abruzzi 24, 10129 Torino, Italy