Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Synchronizing N210 TX and RX channels

From: Stefan Wunsch
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Synchronizing N210 TX and RX channels
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 10:43:55 +0200

Hey,

If you use the Echotimer you can use the same IP vor TX and RX, this
should work.

Probably you can do your own USRP Sink/Source with UHD. You dont need
much code to implement this (Echotimer ~300 lines in the *impl.cc). Main
change should be an other stream command (most likely
STREAM_MODE_START_CONTINUOUS [0]). Good code examples are UHD
Sink/Source in gr-uhd and especially the examples from UHD itself (<uhd
repo>/host/examples). And the Echotimer of course!

My approach: Read the system time on the USRP, set the stream command on
actual_time+some_offset and spawn two threads with a tx_streamer and a
rx_streamer. You can use both of them on the sampe USRP without any
problems (just dont use two of the same type on one USRP). This should
also work with streaming if you can push your data in the work function
continuously.

Greetings,
Stefan

[0]