Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio dataflow, buffering and scheduling

From: West, Nathan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio dataflow, buffering and scheduling
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 13:25:51 -0400

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 12:02 PM, Mostafa Alizadeh
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello all,
> Yeah, I also think this topic is interesting to find out this vague and
> unclear scheduler! I'm waiting for further discussions.
>
> Best,
> Mostafa
>

> On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 5:50 PM, Leonardo S. Cardoso <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I've been asking the same questions as Anh, since we have a PhD student
>> working on dataflow programming, specifically for GNU Radio.
>>
>> I think this discussion can benefit a lot of people who work with
>> dataflow, but also the rest of us, who just want to understand what's going
>> on under the hood.
>>
>> Maybe, one day we can compile all questions and answers into a nice
>> formatted document that will serve as a reference for the rest of us... :)
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Leo
>>
>> Leonardo S. Cardoso
>> address@hidden

This seems like a good opportunity to plug the working groups and
upcoming conference. For information on the working groups:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/WorkingGroups . The
embedded and especially coprocessor working groups should be
interesting to anyone interested in dataflow problems.

For information on the conference: http://www.trondeau.com/grcon14 .
Several presentations will be covering distributed scheduling,
coprocessors, and generic dataflow scheduling with an obvious emphasis
on SDR and GNU Radio. The working group sessions should also be a good
time to share ideas and learn from others while getting a sense of
what others are working on.

Nathan