Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Spectrum sensing Simulation Only

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Spectrum sensing Simulation Only
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 09:37:29 -0400

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 3:34 PM, Bogale, Tadilo Endeshaw <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Everyone

I am a new to gnuradio. I would like to do simulation of spectrum sensing (Simple energy detector with single band only).

Normally I have seen "usrp_spectrum_sense.py". However, that is written for USRP (and not easy to understand and modify it). Actually I have a difficulty in computing average and display it continuously in a graphical user interface.

See also my grc and corresponding python code (The vector sinc block is not correct).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
---
Tadilo Endeshaw, PhD

The easiest way to average is to use the single_pole_iir_filter to smooth out the data stream. But note that you're coming out of the FFT block as a vector. You can set the vector length of the single pole IIR, but I'd have to review exactly what that means mathematically. It probably smooths the entire vector as one as opposed to smoothing over index i in each vector. You might have to play around with that.

Tom