Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Stable on Linux, many crashes on Windows and OS X

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Stable on Linux, many crashes on Windows and OS X
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 09:16:11 -0400

Hi Stefan - OK; well if "make test" worked on OSX for you then the GR install
is probably good to go.  No guarantees.  If you uninstall your OO-MacPorts GR
install and use gnuradio-devel, then you will should get the same results (if
not better).  I'm not sure why you would want an OO-MacPorts GR install unless
you wanted to change GR itself.

After tweaking "build_osx" for my setup, everything builds nicely.  Running
"./batmon" I see an empty window and basic menus; nothing else.  I can leave it
running (in gdb) for a long time without it crashing.  I don't know what to do
with it otherwise.  I have an Ettus B210 hooked up.

If I select "batmon" -> "About" I see the about box, which when I close crashes
the executable.  Looking through the code in main.cpp, BatMonFrame::OnAbout
calls BatMonFrame::StopReceiver, which in turn calls "gr_tb->stop" even though
gr_tb has not been initialized (I set a breakpoint where it is set, and the
code does not get there before this call).  Probably best to check gr_tb before
using it, just in case, in all the methods that call it.  Also, I'm not sure
why you would stop processing -after- the about box has been closed; maybe
beforehand makes more sense?

If you let me know what else to test, I'll try that too.  Otherwise, without
actual functionality the basic GUI seems to "work". - MLD
--
Michael Dickens, OSX Programmer
Ettus Research Technical Support