Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] Co-Processors Update #9

From: Tom Tsou
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] Co-Processors Update #9
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 11:29:12 -0700

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 11:06 AM, Philip Balister <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 08/11/2014 01:42 PM, Tom Tsou wrote:
>> At least from a high level, a message queue with a rotating set of
>> buffer pointers seems OK to me. Though, not being familiar with the
>> current Keystone transport options, what are the other preferred
>> approaches?
>
> These are good points. To date, we think of co processors accelerating
> traditional signal processing operations, not operations on functions
> that are better treated as message queues.

On a more general note, I know the objective for this project wasn't
specifically cellular, but most of the other Keystone accelerators
will have similar use patterns. That's because the cellular framing
and time multiplexing forces PDU construction (and possibly sample
discarding) early in the signal processing chain.

  -TT