Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GR, USRP, and GPIB measurements

From: madengr
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GR, USRP, and GPIB measurements
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 07:23:07 -0700 (PDT)

1)  What you are doing is correct.  What's the power of your signal
generator?  I was using -40 dBm, and as Marcus says, that is strong, but
you'll need to have a good SNR since the noise bandwidth is ~250 kHz.
Several posts ago you stated running -8 dBm into the WBX.  You may have
damaged the WBX, since that 30 dB difference is about the isolation you may
get with a damaged amp.  I suggest sniffing down the chain of the WBX with a
spectrum analyzer, make sure the two amps are working.  Also as Marcus said,
you need to be using the same bandwidth and decimation, or that will change
the calibration factor.

I choose 250 kHz wince I was working with WBFM channels.

2) If the RX gain is changed, then the k must change to compensate.  See my
*.grc I linked in the last post.  I assigned RX gain to a QT slider then
added it to K.  The RX gain can be changed and the RX power stays about the
same.

3)  I'm on travel now so I don't have access to my computer.  You ought to
update to GR 3.7; lot's of nice features, and it also preserves the flow
diagram even if the blocks of changed.

Thanks,
Lou
KD4HSO